Using Your SMART Board for an Interactive Curriculum
2012 Cray Academy
The focus of these sessions will be creating and collaborating with other professionals in a make, take, and share of Notebook files that will be engaging, interactive, and fun for students, as well as targeting the Common Core State Standards through curriculum objectives. This course will be over four days, which will allow course participants to use files created, share experiences, share created files, have technical support, and provide support/collaborations with other educators.
Please come with ideas and curriculum materials that you would like to create into a SMART Board activity. Participants should also bring along a computer that is SMART Board software equipped and a copy of their grade level Common Core Standards for English/Language Arts and Math.
Presenters: Rebecca Kowalczyk and Paula Harms
Rebecca Kowalczyk is an Occupational Therapist having received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy from UW-LaCrosse. She has worked for CESA 10 for the past 8 years. In her role as an OT, Rebecca integrates multiple forms of technology for the benefit of students.
Instructor of Record: Paula Harms
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Attend all required days.
- Write a reflection page after each day's activities.
- Develop a lesson plan for one reading standard at their grade level.
- Develop a lesson plan for one writing standard at their grade level.
- Develop a lesson plan for one math standard at their grade level.
- Registration Fee: $80
- Session Fee: $300 for non-consortium members
- Optional Graduate Credit Fee: $400